OFFICE POLICIES for Vibrant Minds Psychiatry Clinic
Informed Consent for Psychiatric Services
The Physicians of Vibrant Minds Psychiatry are pleased to have the opportunity to work collaboratively with you and/or your family. Please read this document carefully as it contains important information about my professional services and business policies. Before signing, please feel free to ask questions. Once this document is signed, it will constitute a binding agreement between us.
We are board-certified Psychiatrists, licensed in the state of Texas. As Physicians, we are able to prescribe medication if we both agree this is a necessary and appropriate treatment for you. We may also encourage you to engage in other treatment modalities, including psychotherapy, nutritional counseling, exercise, supplements or other types of integrative care. All treatment is a joint active effort between physician and patient. Our ideal is to work collaboratively with you since you know yourself or your child best. We will work with you to identify priorities in care as well as discuss a plan of action. This will be updated periodically as we continue to work together.
Trust and safety are paramount in the treatment of your mental health. Therefore, we take confidentiality very seriously. Moreover, federal law prohibits release of medical information without your written permission. However, there are a few exceptions:
- If there is a risk you could harm yourself or others.
- If child or elder abuse is suspected.
- If a court subpoenas your records.
- If an on-call physician in this office needs information to treat you appropriately when your primary physician is unavailable.
After Hours Communication
During business hours, please contact our office at (512) 300-0428. After business hours, first check our FAQ for what to do in several instances. If you wish to get the message to us first thing in the morning, please email your Physician through our secure portal.
If you are having an emergency situation, it is first important to understand that Emergency rooms are for mental health emergencies just as they are there for medical health emergencies.
- If you or a family member are very ill, call 911 to travel to the ER by ambulance. This would include mental health crisis, overdose or other suicide attempt or any medical emergency.
- If you or a family member are sick and not in immediate danger, go to your nearest emergency room. If you wish to and it is not too far, there is a specialized Psychiatric Emergency Center for adults at Dell Medical Center 1500 Red River Street, Austin, TX 78701, 512-324-7000. For Children go to Dell Children's Hospital 4900 Mueller Blvd, Austin, TX 78723. (512) 324-0000.
- If your family member is too hard to transport on your own due to their mental health crisis, Austin Travis County has specialized Mental Health Officers. These can be requested by calling 911 and explaining the mental health crisis and asking that a Mental Health Officer (MHO) be sent to your location. This person will assist with assessing and transporting your family member to an emergency facility safely.
- If your question can be answered by phone, call the Travis county psychiatric crisis helpline 512-472-HELP (4357). Note, this is not answered by physicians, so they can give limited help with medication questions.
If you begin taking a medication it is very important that you are safely monitored for its effectiveness and side effects. You will be given ample medication and refills until your next appointment. It is your responsibility to schedule follow-up appointments before you run out of your prescription. In return, you will find that our office is conscientious about the cost of medical care and do not request unnecessary visits.
It is your responsibility to keep your contact information up to date so that we can reach you when needed. If your information changes, please contact our office at (512) 300-0428 and update our staff as soon as possible.
Contacting Your Doctor
We encourage you to contact Dr. Seroussi if you have questions or concerns about your treatment. If voicemail picks up when you contact the clinic, please leave information that is not private. We also invite you to contact us through our patient email address and you can leave personal and detailed information there. Email is monitored frequently and is the quickest way to get personal assistance.
Payment and Fees
Fees for our services are posted on our website. If you use insurance, we cannot guarantee that your services will be covered by your insurance company. There are so many different levels of coverage that it will be your responsibility to check on your individual coverage. You as the patient or patient’s guardian will be responsible for what your insurance will or will not pay. We will provide paperwork to submit for out-of-network coverage. Payment is due in full upon arrival before each session so that we can keep your account current.
We will strive to complete all work during our scheduled sessions. It may occasionally be necessary for us to charge on a prorated basis for professional services that require extensive time commitment; such as report writing, telephone conversations lasting longer than 10 minutes, prior authorizations, and consultations with other professionals that you have requested. Our office accepts cash, check, MasterCard, and Visa for your convenience. There is a $25 charge for any checks that are returned unpaid by your bank.
Cancellations and Missed Appointments
All office visits are by appointment only. Cancellations must be made 24 hours in advance (Friday for a Monday appointment) by calling the office. Cancelling your appointment early enough allows us to offer the time to a patient from the emergency or waitlist. If you do not notify us prior to 24 hrs there is a late cancellation fee of $100.
Your first appointment is taken very seriously as ample time is set aside to get to know you, answer questions and discuss treatment options. If you no-show for that first appointment, you have taken time that another patient might have been able to receive care and will not be able to reschedule-- you will need to find care at another psychiatry office. This zero-tolerance for missing your first appointment is one that respects both the clinicians’ and all of our patients’ needs equally.
Dr. Seroussi accepts private pay and is also in-network for BCBS insurance. If you need to pursue out-of-network coverage, we will provide you with a visit receipt to file your claim with your insurance company.
Vibrant Minds Psychiatry is a practice with one Psychiatrist and on Physician Assistant. We work together as a team so that you have several people to support your care.
We appreciate the opportunity to be of service to you. If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions, we welcome your input.